Sunday, August 22, 2010

Differences

For those who haven't played the test version here's a link .

In the test version, all of the character and background illustrations, as well as the writing were done quick and reckless. It's a test version after all. I've addressed all of the bad points regarding the overall presentation of this demo so far:

- Dialogues cover the whole screen, including the characters. So I've isolated the dialogues in a small window below with a name display of the character who's talking.

- Character sprites show most of the body, which I realized was really awkward. So now, the characters' appearances only show the midsection up to the head, which gave me the opportunity to paint them with more detail and better textures.

-The characters themselves lack, well, 'character'. I've spent several days honing my skills before redesigning them.

- I couldn't give enough effort when doing backgrounds in digital, I dunno why (The backgrounds for casual dialogues and narration at least, not for action scenes) . So I've decided to go traditional with it.

So here's are series of comparisons between the old and the new:
:::OLD:::
_________________________________________________________

:::NEW:::
__________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment